They are cover with a bubble-shaped or rectangular galvanized steel, half-circular or polyethylene shields. They are attached to the side of the house to support the earth as well as to block the debris. They also help during the storm or rains as they don’t allow water to enter to the well nor the dust.
Problems of uncovered Well
It has been seen that when there is any storm, snowfall or even rain, there is a possibility that the well may get affected or may collapse the window well sides. Apart from this ants, dust, termites too get the access to the basement of the house and may affect the structure. These will lead to deterioration of the well as well as the basement.
How to install it?
- You need to take a prefabricated window and then place the same against the ground level window. By doing this, you can get an idea where to dig.
- When you dig for well make sure it is grade away from the foundation.
- Need to cover the bottom of the hole with about 4 inches of gravel.
- Bolt the window with the foundation.
- Secure the well with the foundation with the help of the bolts.
- Fill the excess area if any around the well with soil.
These are the steps that you need to follow when you are going to install it.
Well has got many advantages and can surely helpful for you to ensure the basement safety along with proper ventilation and lighting for the same. If you have any problem, you can take the assistance of Window Well service as they have got trained professionals for it.